- Learn about our Dinosaurs Unearthed and other exhibits
- Be a helpful presence for visitors in our galleries
- Show children and families how to fully experience our interactive exhibits
- Provide extra insights into our exhibits
- Monitor state of exhibits/galleries and tidy as time permits
- Ensure exhibits are used properly and that nothing is being done that could damage them or interfere with the positive experience of other visitors
The Okanagan Science Centre will provide orientation and training in our exhibits and in the role of a Gallery Docent.
Hours are flexible. The ability to make a weekly commitment is greatly valued.
If you are interested in volunteering in a fun, creative environment, interacting with children and families, and being part of great team making a difference in the community, please contact Irene, our Volunteer Coordinator, at 250-545-3644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Okanagan Science Centre is looking for volunteers to assist in our Science Camps. This is an amazing and rewarding opportunity to support children, science, and give back to your community. It also looks great on a college/university application, is a great way to meet people and make new friends, provides valuable work experience and helps build the confidence and skills that you need to enter the job market!
We look for Volunteer Camp Assistants on an ongoing basis. We will have particular need in our upcoming Summer Science Camps in July and August. The position has flexible days and times.
If this interests you please contact Irene, our Volunteer Coordinator, at 250-545-3644 or email@example.com
Other Volunteer Opportunities
The Okanagan Science Centre offers many exciting volunteer opportunities. We're regularly looking for people to help out in the following areas:
- Exhibit/Building Maintenance
- General Program Assistants
- Office/Administrative Help
- Computer and Excel Help
- Poster Distribution
If any of these opportunities interest you, please contact Irene, our Volunteer Coordinator, at 250-545-3644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that the Okanagan Science Centre has a volunteer application process and that you must be at least in the ninth grade and 14 years old or older. Successful completion of a vulnerable sector criminal records check is a requirement of volunteering at the Okanagan Science Centre.