The Okanagan Science Centre is looking for a highly motivated, organized, and customer-service oriented individual with reception experience to work at the front desk on Fridays and Saturdays. In addition to greeting, welcoming, and directing visitors appropriately, the position sells memberships and takes program bookings.
· Order/Stock office and cleaning supplies
· Open and close galleries
· Manage petty cash, handle daily and weekly cash out
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum 2 years work experience
· Great customer service skills
· Must have positive attitude – we are a fun place for children to come!
· Cash register experience
· Good time management and organizational skills – the job calls for a high degree of multi-tasking
· Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
· Good general computer and internet skills
· Good social media skills an asset
· Trustworthy handling cash flow
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
· First aid certification or willingness to obtain
Hours: Friday - Saturday 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (15 hours per week)
Wage: $15 per hour
Start Date: To be determined
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or walk-ins please.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.